University of Nebraska-Lincoln
809B/810 Hamilton Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304
We conduct research in a number of areas, all involving organic synthesis as either a tool or an objective. Click on the bubbles below to learn more.
Based upon our experiences in working with ozone, hydrogen peroxide, and organic peroxides we have also posted some lab safety documents which may be useful to those new to these reagents.
Keywords: Organic synthesis, peroxide, hydroperoxide, ozone, oxidations, amphiphile, nanohybrid functional materials, bioanalytical chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology.
(1) "A Genetically Encoded Cyclobutene Probe for Labeling of Live Cells" K. Liu, B. Enns, B. Evans, N. Wang, X. Shang, W. Sittiwong, P. H. Dussault* and J. Guo* Chem. Comm. 2017, 53, 10604; DOI: 10.1039/C7CC05580C.
(2) "Alkene Ozonolysis" Fisher, T.; Dussault, P. H. Tetrahedron, 2017, 73, 4233-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tet.2017.03.039.
(3) "Synthesis of Ethers via Reaction of Carbanions and Monoperoxyacetals" Kyasa, S-K.; Meier, R. N.; Pardini, R. A.; Truttman, T. K.; Kuwata, K. T.; Dussault, P. H. J. Org. Chem., 2015, 80, 12100. DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.5b02043
(4) “Fatty Acyl Incorporation in the Biosynthesis of WAP-8294A, a Group of Potent Anti-MRSA Cyclic Lipodepsipeptides” Chen, H.; Olson, A.; Su, W.; Dussault, P. H.; Du, L. RSC Adv., 2015,5, 105753. DOI: 10.1039/C5RA20784C.
(5) "Comparison of mannose, ethylene glycol and methoxy-terminated diluents on specificity and selectivity of electrochemical peptide-based sensors" Zaitouna, A. J.; Joyce, J.; Cerny, R.; Dussault, P. H.; Lai, R. Y Anal. Chem. 2015, 87, 6966. doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b01759.