University of Nebraska-Lincoln
809B/810 Hamilton Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304
We conduct research in a number of areas, all involving organic synthesis as either a tool or an objective. Click on the bubbles below to learn more.
Based upon our experiences in working with ozone, hydrogen peroxide, and organic peroxides we have also posted some lab safety documents which may be useful to those new to these reagents.
Keywords: Organic synthesis, peroxide, hydroperoxide, ozone, oxidations, amphiphile, nanohybrid functional materials, bioanalytical chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology.
(1) (in press) “3-Phenylpropyl (tetrahydropyran-2-yl) peroxide,” Kyasa, S. K.*; Dussault, P. H. in EROS (Encyclopedia of Reagents in Organic Synthesis) 2020, J. Bode, ed. Wiley.
(2) "A modular approach to introduction of peroxides onto molecules and nanostructures". Horn, A.; Dussault, P. H. RSC Advances, 2020, 10, 44408. https://doi.org/10.1039/D0RA09088C (Open Access).
(3) “Chemistry of Peresters.” Locklear, M. E.; Dussault, P. H. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2020, 4814-4840; https://doi.org/10.1002/ejoc.202000386
(4) “Synthesis of a-cyano and a -sulfonyl cyclic ethers via intramolecular reactions of peroxides with sulfone- and nitrile-stabilized carbanions” Horn, A.; Dussault, P. H. J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 14611; DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.9b02112.
(5) “Novel Amphiphilic Cyclobutene and Cyclobutane cis-C18 Fatty Acid Derivatives Inhibit Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis Growth” Zinniel, D. K.; Sittiwong, W.; Marshall, D. D.; Rathnaiah, G.; Sakallioglu, I.-T.; Powers, R.; Dussault, P. H.; Barletta, R. G. (Vet. Sci. 2019, 6, E46; DOI: 10.3390/vetsci6020046.
(6) "Reductive cleavage of organic peroxides by iron and thiols" Olson, A. S.; Jameson, A. J.; Kyasa, S. K.; Evans, B. W., Dussault, P. H. ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 14054-63. DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.8b01977 (Open Access).
(7) "A Genetically Encoded Cyclobutene Probe for Labeling of Live Cells" K. Liu, B. Enns, B.Evans, N. Wang, X. Shang, W. Sittiwong, P. H. Dussault* and J. Guo* Chem. Comm. 2017, 53, 10604; DOI: 10.1039/C7CC05580C.
(8) "Alkene Ozonolysis" Fisher, T.; Dussault, P. H. Tetrahedron, 2017, 73, 4233-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tet.2017.03.039.