University of Nebraska-Lincoln
809B/810 Hamilton Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304
We conduct research in multiple areas linked by the common theme of organic synthesis. Click on an individual research area to learn more or visit the Dussault Research Group Homepage.
Keywords: Organic synthesis, peroxide, hydroperoxide, ozone, oxidations, amphiphile, nanohybrid functional materials, bioanalytical chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology.
(1) “Synthesis of a 2,4,6,8,10-dodecapentenoate thioester as a substrate for biosynthesis of Heat Stable Antifungal Factor” Olson, A. S.; Chen, H.; Du, L.; Dussault, P. H. RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 11644-8.
(2) "A Nonhydrolyzable Biotin-AMP Analog is a Potent Inhibitor of Holocarboxylase Synthetase” Sittiwong, W.; Cordonnier, E.; Zempleni, J.*; Dussault, P. H.* Biorg. Med. Chem Lett. 2014, 24 5568–5571.
(3) C. Schwartz and P.H. Dussault (2014) "1,1-Dihydroperoxides" in The Chemistry of Peroxides, Volume 3, edited by A. Greer and J.F. Liebman. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: Chichester, UK, pp. 87-124
(4) “Self-Healing Gels based on Constitutional Dynamic Chemistry and Their Potential Applications” Wei, Z.; Yang, J. H.’ Zhou, J. X.; Xu, F.; Chen, Y. M.’ Zrinyi, M.; Dussault, P. H.; Osada, Y. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2014, 43, 8114-31.
(5) “Synthesis of S,S,O-Orthoesters and difluoroalkyl ethers via reaction of peroxide electrophiles with lithiated 1,3-dithianes” Kyasa, S. K.; Dussault, P. H. Org. Lett., 2014, 5235–5237.