WELCOME TO THE CHEMISTRY/PHYSICS & ASTRONOMY INSTRUMENT SHOP WEB PAGE
We are now open at our new location in Theodore Jorgensen Hall.
Work Order | Shop Capabilities | Virtual Tour | Staff Directory | Physics Department | NCMN
177 Theodore Jorgensen Hall
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68588-0299
Bob Rhynalds, Manager
Keith Placek, Instrument Maker III
Pat Pribil, Instrument Maker III
HOURS: 7:30 am - Noon, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm M-F
HOW TO SUBMIT A WORK ORDER
1. Save the .xls file on this page to your own computer (use right-click).
If you open it in your browser instead of saving it you won't be able to use it properly.
2. Visit Room 177 Theodore Jorgensen Hall and fill out a paper work order.
INSTRUMENT SHOP CAPABILITIES
The Chemistry / Physics & Astronomy Instrument Shop builds, modifies and repairs Scientific Instruments that are used in the sciences.
- CUSTOM DESIGN. Consult with and advise Faculty and other researchers on instrumentation design and construction.
- CAD/CAM. We use the CAD program SolidWorks and the CAM program Esprit to integrate designed parts into 3-axis milling and wired EDM.
- MILLING MACHINES. Currently have (3) Bridgeport 3 axis CNC, (3) Series I Bridgeports, and (1) Series II Bridgeport.
- ENGINE LATHES. (4) lathes with largest swing of 16 inches x 3 ft. long.
- EDM. (2) Sinker Electrical Discharge Machines and Charmilles 4 axis wire EDM.
- SURFACE GRINDERS. We have (2) standard and (1) cyclindrical surface grinder.
- WELDING. Ultra High Vacuum, TIG, MIG, Oxygen-Acetylene, Brazing.
- STOCK MATERIALS. We stock Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Oxygen Free Copper, Brass and many other specialty metals and plastics. We also carry a large selection of Swaglock fittings to 3/8 inch, standard and metric fasteners to 1/2 inch and 10 mm, along with conflat flanges to 6.
|Instrumentation Shop Staff|
Manager, Instrument Shop
Instrument Maker III
Instrument Maker III
The Instrument Shop offers Chemistry and Physics students free access to a seat and training on the CAD program "SolidWorks" and CAM program Esprit.