Doron Attanasio was recently given the Citation for Excellence in Teaching Chemistry Award by UNL’s Department of Chemistry. Doron’s ability to connect with undergraduate students has been an invaluable asset to the department this year as well as a growing experience for him.
“Working in the Chemistry Department at UNL has done a great job of preparing me for my future career as a dentist. The daily interactions I have with students both in the lab and in the Chemistry Resource Center have taught me how to be an effective communicator, which will be very useful when interacting with my future patients.”
The Resource Center staff and faculty were as excited to give the award as Doron was to receive it.
“Doron’s a great teaching assistant, and he’s wonderful with our students,” Dr. Kautz said. “Doron takes admirable pride in his job and is a role model for all our undergraduate students.”
Doron added, “I am very honored to have received this teaching award from the Chemistry Department. Teaching a Chemistry lab has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been a part of at UNL. I am very grateful for the opportunity to be a teaching assistant for General Chemistry, and I look forward to continue working in the Department for another semester.”
It is no surprise that Doron has had a long history of recognition. Thank you Doron for all you do for the department.
- Accepted into UNMC College of Dentistry – Class of 2019
- UNL Dean’s List – Spring 2012, Fall 2012, Fall 2013
- Nebraska All-State Musician (high school)
- 2-time Class C All-State Musician (high school)
- Class C All-State Top Musician Scholarship Winner (high school)
- 3-time All Conference Musician Selection (high school)
- 2-time Top Instrumentalist Selection (high school)